Tuesday, June 5, 2012

hang in there kid, it's only tuesday...


Going to barnes and noble + scalding my tounge on chai + shattering my plate and cookie on the floor = the summation of what this week has been.

But the pain in my mouth is subsiding. They brought me a new cookie and I didn't even have to ask. I have two art books beside me. And have my relaxing playlist (alabama shakes, the mynabirds, tennis....) piping through my headphones to soothe me down.

Oh yea, and I'm officially done with the past 13 years of my life (high school) tomorrow, and one step closer to my next journey (college).

Maybe there's hope for this week after all.

Book: Art From Intuition



Definition of intuition (their version): In-tu-i-tion:1). last nights dream + impulsive idea + weird uncle + too much coffee + mystical vision + unrequited desire = Intuition.

This book is filled with tons of exercises to reconnect with the childlike simplicity of drawing, and separating the over analytical mind from the art.

I cant wait to experiment with some of the techniques!

the playlist:

1. The Cities That You've Burned: Adam Haworth Stephens
2. Hold on: Alabama Shakes
3. Cold Love: Tim Kasher
4. Stamp: The Rural Alberta Advantage
5. Numbers Don't Lie: The Mynabirds
6. Tell Her No: Tennis
7. Outta My System: My Morning Jacket
8. The Only Place: Best Coast
9. Without a Word: Birdy
10. Yellow: Coldplay
11. From the Hips: Cursive
12. Happy Accident: Bright Eyes & Neva Dinova
13. Tiptoe Through the True Bits: Los Campesinos!
14. The Sound: Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson
15. Underneath the Sycamore: Death Cab for Cutie
16. California: Delta Spirit
17. The Old Days: Dr. Dog
18. Brooklyn Stars: Mat Pond Pa
19. Waiting in an Airport: River City Extension
20. Don't Know Who we Are: The Donkeys
21. Wandering Eyes: The Growlers
22. Days are Nights: Golden Boots
23. I am With You: Ty Segall
24. Bedroom Eyes: Dum Dum Girls



5 comments:

  1. Hi, came across your blog, Positive Fountain, that's me following your site.
    Please, follow back.
    http://dusana-attracthappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those days too well. A cookie and good music can make a big difference :) x angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thnik i got here too late cause its saturday already!!!!! hahahah hang in there!

    i´ve just saw alabama shakes yesterday on bonnaroo (livestream of course :/) great band!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool post! Great blog! Your posts keep me coming back for more - it's cos you're amazing!!! Have a great day and a brilliant week ahead! Looking forward to more posts from you!

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete