Saturday, May 19, 2012

late night/incredibly early morning doodling

I'm listening to Justin townes Earle (and cannot wait to see him live tonight in Philly) and have the urge to draw. Its one of those urges, however that comes when there's no specific inspiration, just a mindless sourceless (real word?) inclination to pick up the pen and draw what comes to mind

I'm very geometric, and have been so for quite so.e time. I love shapes and colors. So as I was sitting letting the waves of JTE's voice wash over me I just started drawing whatever came through me with a few crayola markers that were on the desk next to me.

These are far from masterpieces but they're what was in my head...

The sign, to me, of when summer is finally hear is when the fields are full of strawberries. Local farmers market strawberries are sweeter then any other kind you can buy and I look forward to their sweetness all year.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Strawberries are the best. And your drawings are so cute.
    Also I really can't wait to follow you and I hope you return the favor (: It would mean so much coming from you!

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower- beauty-inspector.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete